Wednesday, July 6, 2011

open mic after 4th of july sparse...but the beautiful 8 that did show had lots of heart!

Summer is the hardest time of the year to make a livin in my Open Mic game. In the 4 years I have done it pro I learned to depend on crappy, wet miserable weather to pack the house on open mic days. Open Mic is a beautiful thing.
I get my dough in percentage from the till at the end of the night so if the place is empty or nobody buys anything then I go hungry!
Luckily I have lots of events, appearances and the old day job to keep me afloat in the summer slump. Also the kids gigs we do are booming all the time but I still gotta do the open mic in the off season for the culture aspect and to keep it alive.
I'm so grateful to the folks who came in tonight and had a swell time making music and laughs together.
MWAHMWAHMWAH

Raven!
TOM
Tashi
Anthony
MARS
Mike Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment