Sunday, May 1, 2011

Have ya ever knocked the payday out of your Girlfriend's hand? I did.

I messed up this painting moments before getting paid for it. Emotions flew but Olive repainted the whole thing in a couple of hours and got her pay after all.




On this pic you can really see the streaks i made.

Our story begins when our main art patron Mr.M commissioned Frankenstein from The Chicken DOers. He had just acquired a large King Kong from me and Olive spent the last two weeks making his Frankenstein happen. I tried to help but ended up creating horrid streaks when my phoney balonie art fixer plooped out in a mess.!


This painting was fantastic to watch come together. I did mine quickly and intensly...Olive takes her time. Only when Olive decided it was done did we make the call telling our patron (who may or may not want his name revealed) that the work was done. He and his Girlfriend began the trip from Washington to come get it.

But right as they were about to load it into the car I get the bright idea to "Seal" the painting with some goo to protect it...well apparently sealant from Goodwill bins isn't as good as the store stuff. I had never had a problem before but this time it streaked awful! CRAP! He looked at it like..."Um that won't do at all". I took a wet rag to it and guess what? It washed all the paint off.

Ruining an expensive painting is good but doing it in front of the patron himself is a glorious screw up. Lucky for us he is kind and patient...he went out on the town for a bit and Olive is re-painting and she somehow forgave me.

It was a long ride for Rootbeer to paint this, she watched the old movies and pondered what is should look like. Then she set out painting her masterpiece.
I feel like a heel! Sorry hon!She got it done! Thanks for being brilliant enough to straighten it all out in a timely manor.She re painted the whole thing in just a few hours and our friend is on his way back to get it. whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment