Wednesday, January 4, 2012

kid gigs



Storytime has become the most rewarding wing of showbiz i have ever explored. Working with my best friend is amazing even though we don't make much more cash than we need to survive. The gigs beget other gigs so the more we put into it the more our name grows and consequentially, our phone rings.
Tue. Mornings we are at the Warehouse cafe on Milwaukee blvd. They are part of the green parenting movement. I can really get behind the values. Good food, healthy parenting, love life. That's part of my playbook fo sho!

We won't show any of the kid faces. Understandably some parents and nannies aren't keen on too much photography. So here is what they see.

I'm giving the "power to the people" salute during a political
folkssong we were doing about wheels on the bus.



Giving everybody "5"
It's not an arthritic peace sign, It's all about the lil bunny foo foo.

Just as fast as they arrive, they all disappear...and after an amazing lunch...we do too.
One of the Sound Grounds Storytime Wed. regulars  asked for "Jack" from Nightmare before Christmas. Olive Rootbeer is the finest balloon sculptor i have ever known.

I still just know the three chords...but I play the heck out of them.






I'm so happy that one of my favorite people of all time has been sharing space with us once a week. It's my honor and delight to be close to her and several other Storytime adults that we are enamored with. They let me share in the kids development and I get to see them progress and grow. I feel like i should be paying them!

No comments:

Post a Comment