Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another WED. Storytime at Sound Grounds cafe comes to a happy close. This is the first Storytime gig we ever set up so we are very close to the folks who come every week.


It's very rare in my life to have a job I'm looking forward to.
I'm so happy about this one i literally sing.
I have a lot of paternal skills, instincts and motivation so i need this as much as they do.
I can never help but think..."Y'know who would LOVE this?" MY KIDS!
I try not to get any faces in the photos out of respect for the parents. I was never worried about that with my kids because i watched like a hawk and I'm very fierce. Today Harper's Mom Amanda Flower's took the photos. All the parents seemed to have the same attitude as I have.

Look at the intense look on this woman's face. !



Olive and i talk about individual kids and parents lives and progress all week. We miss the ones who have out grown us and we delight when they come back for a visit as bigger kids.I see lots of one year olds that we may get to spend years investing in. I hear that a lot of the regulars talk about us all week too.
One of our favorites books is read by Olive with me outside. It's simple but a big hit. We save that one for when it gets too much like the Muppet theater. If we need everyone's attention we gotta think outside the box.
"Can you do it?"
!
My biggest fan loves the T rex i made him. Go get em dude! Thanks for showing up little man, I hear we will be seeing you tomorrow at the Thursday Storytime at Cafe Au Play on SE Division.
The first year I hosted Open Mic I quickly collected about 50 memories of adults having first stage fright experiences. With this job I'm collecting memories of kids learning that balloons pop and freaking out. Just like with Open mic they soon get over the fear threshold and have fun like we do.
Another threshold i get to witness is Dads dropping guard and doing the "I'm a little tea cup" routine for the Daughters. GOOD ONE DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment